My First Blog Award!Woke up this morning feeling tired, lazy, and looking forward to just spending time at the pool today with my kids (being lazy)...then I checked my e-mail...and found out about this blog award!
Now I'm feeling upbeat, ready to check something off my "Crafts To Do" list, but still looking forward to going to the pool with my kiddos :) Thanks SO much to Vanessa over at The Sewer, The Caker, The CopyCat Maker for the award! Her blog is a new one like mine, and has really cute stuff, hop over and check her out!
Rules of receiving this award:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic! (in no particular order...)
4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.
Here we go:
7 things about Me...hmmm
1. I have two kids, a 3 year old girl named Skylee and a 1 year old boy, Parker. Like most mother's, they are my drive, life, stress, and comic relief :)
2. I dream about one day my house looking like some kind of showroom at each holiday/special occasion. I recently asked my husband "Do you think it's strange that I'm sad I can't decorate for the 4th of July?" (we're going out of town) He thought I had gone nuts, but told me I could decorate the houseboat we'll be on instead (HA, as if I would hall my craft supplies out there...on second thought, maybe I will!).
3. I LOVE Chocolate. Every night I have that craving that just nags at me until I give in. I bake chocolate chip cookies on a very regular basis, but my kids have no idea. We pull them out after they go to sleep. Shhhhh!
4. I grew up in Southern California and now call Southeast Georgia home. Thank you military :/ (My husband is in the Coast Guard) only about 3000 miles away from where I'd like to be, but it could be worse, right!?!
5. I craft because I love beautiful things, but don't have the money for some of the more pricey looks. I figured out that I could make the things I want for less money, and more practice. I took up crafting as a challenge to myself, it's a skill that I'm trying to develop. In the 3 weeks since my first post here, I have LOVED the comments, support, and people!
6. I like to bake sweets, but I don't like to cook dinner. I don't mind doing laundry, but I don't like to put the clothes away. I like a clean, well organized house, but I have 2 small children and a husband that's always on the go. That's life I guess :P
7. As a teenager in high school, I liked trying different sports. Cross country, water polo (my fav), pole vault, and cheerleading. Now I'm lucky to make it to the gym a couple days a week...it's just not as fun as it used to be, but with all those cookies, it's just as important ;)
The next blogs that I chose to continue the award love with, are ones that I enjoy spending some time, some I just found, and a couple I've been stalking for a while :) Each of them inspire me.
And the award goes to... (am I qualified to do this? ;) )
Whims and Trims
Mint & Clandy Create
For Love or Funny
Pumpkin Seed Productions
Crazy Crafty Cousins
The Norman Five
A little of this, A little of that
A girl and a glue gun
Two Shades of Pink