Monday, June 14, 2010

"Sweet" Baby Shower Gift

Hi, hope you all had a great weekend! Ours was busy, but we had lots of fun :) A fellow Coast Guard couple here is expecting their first baby soon and had their co-ed baby shower on Saturday. Our family wasn't able to attend, but I wanted to make sure I congratulated them with a little gift. I've loved doing diaper cakes lately, and I really wanted to do a boy one, but it dawned on me that not everyone uses disposable diapers! Since I wasn't sure, I just made a small one and then added some other "sweets" to create a "dessert tray" for Baby Sitko:

"Candy rolls":
made with 6 washcloths each
"Cupcakes"
made with 2 burp-cloths and 2 pairs of socks each

Diaper/blanket Cake:
made with size 1 diapers, 1 receiving blanket, and 1 fleece blanket
I used the tutorial over at Cute as a Fox for the candy rolls and cupcakes. It turned into a "dessert tray" because I wanted to try them all and didn't know how to package it... DELICIOUS!

*Brittney*

linking up to:
Keeping it Simple
Craftastic Mondays


4 comments: