Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Improvising


Hello again :)

Last week while blog-hopping, I found this cute tutorial and really wanted to try it. Then I got a great idea in the shower (the only place/time I have to myself, I'm sure you can relate :) ) to make the pom poms interchangeable. I got this gray sweater on sale at Target and wanted to wear my pink high heals to church, and figured I could make the pom pom necklace to match.
Late Saturday night, after the kids went to sleep, I started making the pom pom necklace using fabric I had from an old shirt of mine. It was going really well until I tried to make it interchangeable, totally my fault. So my idea hasn't worked, yet. I still needed something to go with my shoes though, and I had just made the 5 pom poms, so I put them together and pinned it on my shirt as a brooch-like accessory. For the center I used some rhinestones for sparkle. It was not at all what I originally wanted, but for the few hours at church, it worked. I'll admit I did try to cover it with my hair so no one would inspect it too much. lol. I don't plan on using it again, but I had fun learning how to make the pom poms :) I'll get back to ya when I figure out how to make the interchangeable necklace work!
Cute shoes though, right!?
*Brittney*

Linked up to: Little Miss Momma

4 comments:

  1. Oh girl I think it is adorable!! Looks like it is part of your shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO cute! Love it! No need to hide it for sure! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, the shoes are super adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm a new follower of your blog, it's really cute! Love the shirt and the shoes, very cute!!

    ReplyDelete