Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Kids Craft: Ballerina Puppets and Stage

It's a strange day here in our household, only Parker and I are at home...Skylee started her very first day of school. ever. :( All last week we were getting things ready for her to start, which included a special skirt and matching headband made my me. I figure there are only so many years I can get away with these things, so I must take advantage! While I was working away on her skirt, she asked if she could do a craft too. Since I don't have all my craft supplies with me, I had to do something really simple, but she's been loving it and playing with it ever since.

We took a shoe box and turned it into a stage, then I cut out ballerina silhouettes with "leg holes" for her to color and decorate. Since I was working with pink tulle, she put "tutus" on some of her ballerinas , and although she didn't, it would be fun to decorate the stage too!She had a lot of fun, and thought I'd share it for those of you who may have little ones around who want to feel included in your crafting :). It was a great way to keep her busy, creative, and out of my hair ;) This can be modified to be anything or anyone with legs :) The only downside to doing ballerinas was that they couldn't really spin :(
(backstage)
Hope you're all having a great week! I'll be taking advantage of the time I have on my hands to play with Parker and get my house in order!

*Brittney*

1 comment:

  1. That is one lucky little girl to have such a creative and willing mommy who is so willing to include her in all the fun you are having while crafting!

    ReplyDelete